Based at the gallery’s downtown location, the Art Sales and Rental program includes work by over 25 artists from our region, many of whom are renowned nationally and internationally.
Browse online or schedule an appointment with our Art Sales and Rental Coordinator to find the artwork that suits your taste and your space.
Is our Rental Program right for you?
- Artwork rental fees are modest; prices range from $30 to $70 per month
- Artwork can be taken home on a trial basis and changed often
- Showcasing art in your place of business keeps your space interesting and fresh
- Renting art for your business is a tax deductible expense
- Up to four months prepaid rental fee can be applied to the price if you decide to purchase
- Renting art supports artists from the Vancouver Island region
Contact Art Sales and Rental at 250-754-1750
We will be looking for new artwork to include in the program for the end of March 2014, once we reopen after the Downtown Gallery renovations.
Emerging and established artists are invited to submit an application to be considered for inclusion in our Art Sales and Rental Program. The purpose of the program is to support and showcase the work of local artists, therefore submissions will only be accepted from artists who live on Vancouver Island or in the surrounding area.
All artwork is accepted on consignment. The gallery receives 40% commission on the sale or rental of artwork
Please include the following in your submission application:
- artist contact information (address, phone number and email)
- a maximum of 10 images of your work, made within the last two years (jpgs are preferred)
- an 8.5 x 11 thumbnail index sheet of artwork images identified by title, medium, size and retail purchase price
- a brief (200 word max) bio or artist statement
- a brief (two page max) artist CV detailing exhibitions, education, awards, etc.
- self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of materials if necessary
- All artists in the Art Sales and Rental program must be members of the Gallery in good standing.
Address submissions to:
Submissions Art Sales and Rental Program
Nanaimo Art Gallery Downtown
150 Commercial Street
Nanaimo, BC V9R 5G6
Or contact Jackie Kelly | Art Sales & Rental Coordinator | 250 754 1750